Here is a short interview with Derek. I hope you gain more insight into what is enamel cufflinks. Do visit or drop derek an email if you have more questions for him.
‘ THE Cuff Link Collector ‘
1. What prompted your interest to start cuff links collection?
3. Any unusual adventure you had to undertake in order to obtain a pair of cuff links?
5. Could you give us some insight into the history of cuff links? (strike this > this jewel)
6. How many pairs you collection boasts?
7. What would be the value of your collection by now?
8. What is the most expensive item of this collection?
9. Describe your favourite pair of cuff links please?
10. Any pair in particular you would like to add to your already existing collection?
11. Which of them were the hardest to obtain and why?
12. Any specific criteria you follow or detail you pay special attention to when choosing a pair?
Being a connoisseur, after all, is about making distinctions through slow, comparative observations and systematic studies of jewelry history books — with a small dose of emotion thrown in.” Descartes said that too much wonder can “pervert the use of reason.” Well, I think I blew right through that a long time ago! (laughing)
13. Do cuff links have different categories and what are they?
14. Where do you tend to buy your cuff links?
15. Would you consider Christie’s or Sotherby’s auctions a good occasion for finding a unique pair o would you rather look in another places?
16. How far would you go to get hold of a unique pair of cuff links?
17. Metropolitan Museum of New York expressed interest in one of your collection items. Which one was it and how did it all happened?
18. Any Cuff Link Collector Club you belong to?